Welcome to the world of food vs family

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cherry Cobbler

This is one of my Grampa's favorite things. So my grandma made it often. Sometimes she substituted peaches for Cherries because that is another one of my Grampy's favorite fruits! I stole her recipe after she passed away and have made it when I need a reminder. Its the sweet things in life that get us through.

Whatcha Need:

2 – 2 1/2 cups sweetened fruit
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter

*Note*  Just add about a cup of sugar (or since I had twice the fruit, I used nearly 2 cups of sugar) to sweeten the fruit.

How to :

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Put the stick of butter in the pan and pop it in the oven to melt the butter.  In a bowl combine the sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and milk.  Take the pan with the melted butter out of the oven and pour the batter over the top of the butter, like this.
cherry-cobbler-batter-over-butter
Place the fruit over the batter.  If your fruit is very juicy, dip it out with a slotted spoon.  Some juice is okay, but you don’t want too much.
cherry-cobbler-fruit-added
Bake it at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.  When it comes out of the oven it will look like this.
cherry-cobbler-done-in-pan

1 comment: