Welcome to the world of food vs family

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Culinary Chronicles from the world of picky eaters

At the old age of twenty something I have endured a long journey into the world of food. Starting out cooking for, well no one, I have taken on the life  of cooking for my plus 4 rather picky brood. Being a food snob for many years, I have adapted to may alternate cooking styles. Growing up in middle class suburbia our closeness to Washington DC which  allowed samplings of all of the diversity culinary options our city had to offer from Italian to Thai. Every meal introduced to my little plus 4 was and continues to be an adventure. Culinary boredom is never a problem in our house!

Once I was married and our plus three began to come, I realized there has to be more to life than pre-made food and take out. I was now responsible for little people and I owed it to them to feed them right! It was a sink or swim reality I faced and at first, I failed, oh did I fail miserably...

Along the terrible food journey, I burned, ok ok scorched, possibly caught on fire many things, sucked the life out of many meats to where I was conteplating making it into leather and dressing my kids in it, and even destroyed many dishes and pan along the way. But i never gave up. I was on a misson and refused to give into the fast paced life of "Thanks for calling Domino's is this for take out or delivery?" lifestyle! Dedication I tell ya! I had weak moments where I had my phone in one hand and a knife in the other...

So I invite you to follow me on my journey that I am making 'offical' and get inspired to use some of my non-cooker friendly recipes. This page will be nothing short of a hot mess rolled into one.

Good luck and best wishes from my burnt cookie sheet to yours!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment