Welcome to the world of food vs family

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Grandpa's Red Hot Apples

My Grandfather, My Hero. A sense of calm comes over me when i think of him. I am so blessed that at the ripe old age of 94 i still have him around. He is one of the most honorable men i have ever known and man am i proud hes my grampy. My grampy was a notorious homemade apple sauce man. He could make anything from a Jonnathan Apple. When i smell these apples cooking i am overwhelmed with memories of being with my grampy. Memories i will cherish forever. Anytime i need a dose of my grampy an cant make the long trek to PA i just make these... Brings me back to that place every time, that place i always wanna be, 6 years old hugging my grampys leg.

Whatcha need:

Apples of your choosing (I always do Jonathan's if i can find them because they are the old mans fav)
Red Hot candie
water

Whatcha do:

Core your apples and place them in a 9X12 pan

Pour your red hot candies in the opening (where the core use to be in case your confused)

Put a little bit of water in the bottom of the pan ( bout a 1/2 inch)

Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 375 for 30-45 minutes until your apples are soft.

The aroma of these apples will fill your home and bring the warm straight to your heart!

From my grampy to your family, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment